Hello Everyone, I thought of sharing some high level key functions/benefits of a SAP C/4HANA (previously known ad SAP Cloud for Customer) system. The focus area is Account & Contact Management, Lead Management & Opportunity Management. This is not a complete set of benefits/functions, neither this specifically covers integration related things, but, it definitely gives an idea for evaluating the pros of using a SAP C/4HANA Solution, especially for beginners...
Account & Contact Management
- Central place to store the Account/Contact Data in SAP C/4HANA systems as opposed to distributed systems like Outlook, Excel sheets, Mobile devices, etc.
- Account Contact Relationship, along with relationship to Operators, sellers, suppliers, etc. maintained in the SAP C/4HANA system, which simplifies the work of sales personnel in finding the relevant Accounts & mapping the Contacts/other relationship against them.
- Enterprise Search functionality, which offers quick search for Accounts/Contacts, and other Objects, also search Accounts/Contacts based on filters like: Account Owner, Sales Area, Sales Employee, etc. These search filters can be saved on the Search screens for a one click access to filtered information.
- Account Feed information offers visibility into ALL activities that take place on an Account, like, Opportunity created on Account, Contact/Address information updated, any Appointment/Task updated on the Account etc. in one single screen
- Reps can mark the Accounts as Favorites to get instant access to their frequently visited Account and can keep themselves updated on the activities happening on the Account; they do not need to go through several channels to get updates on Key Accounts they work on.
- Capability to maintain multiple Sales team members at Account , which ensures the record on every active contributor from the sales team on the Account is maintained and tracked.
- Seamless integration of Account/Contact Master data from SAP ECC to the SAP C/4HANA system, to keep the Master data & its integrity intact in the SAP C/4HANA System.
- No repetitive/manual effort needed for updating Account/Contact information in SAP C/4HANA as, along with the initial Account/Contact data, any changes (Delta) performed on the ECC Master data automatically flow to SAP C/4HANA Account/Contact data.
- Key information about Account like:
- Account Hierarchy information
- Industry Type
- Account Classification, and
- Active Pipeline revenue information on the Account are available right on a single screen for a complete 360-degree view of the Account along with Address and Bill-to, Ship-to address information.
- Access to all follow up items, like Leads/Opportunities/Appointments/Tasks created against an account can be accessed from within the Account screen; this provides end-to-end information from a single screen to every activity created/performed on an Account.
- Account/Contact information accessible on Mobile devices makes the on-the-go sales rep's job simpler and enables them to better manage their Accounts/Contacts while on the go. They can perform Opportunity creation, Schedule Appointment, or create and assign Tasks in the Accounts while on the go using the mobility feature of SAP C/4HANA for Account/contact management on the go.
- All critical attributes of an Account & Contact can be reported; so, running Analytical reports on the Account & Contacts now becomes much simpler using the embedded reporting functionality to derive intelligent information on the data maintained in the SAP C/4HANA system
- Standard integration using Outlook Add-On enables seamless connection between your Outlook and SAP C/4HANA systems, which makes multitasking simpler, so reps can now work from Outlook & access Account/Contact data residing on the SAP C/4HANA system from Outlook itself.
- Single place in the SAP C/4HANA system to capture information about your leads, which you get from various sources like email campaigns, road shows, business card exchange, phone calls, web Leads, etc.
- Leads provide capability to maintain information about the potential customer such as customer name, contact details, address information, etc., which are key things to communicate with the prospect further; it also enables the capture of information on customer interest in your product.
- Maintain team members involved such as sales team member, marketing team member information, and so on.
- Maintain key information against the lead, such as:
- Lead Status, ex: Open, Qualified, Converted, etc., post lead qualification process.
- Lead source like: Campaign, Road-show, Telephone call, Event, card exchange, etc.
- Lead category to specify what kind of prospect is like: Prospect for: Consulting, Product Sales, Service, Training, and so on.
- Add Products in the Lead to specify the prospect’s interest in the product.
- Create Activities against the lead like scheduling appointment and creating a task for some other team member to do some R&D & follow up. All these functionalities from within the lead provide a single platform to perform end to end Lead Management process right from lead creation to qualification, product addition, scheduling appointment/tasks all the way through conversion to an Opportunity.
- Leads can be converted to an Opportunity from within the Leads itself in the SAP C/4HANA system; this allows you to track the efforts on New Prospects.
- All attributes of a Lead can be reported; so, analytics on Lead: for example by Source, by Category, by rep, etc.: are easily configurable.
- The converted Opportunity can be accessed from within the Lead itself, which provides a document flow to the rep. This gives them access to all activities in a sales Lead management process from a single screen.
- Managing your end to end sales process is simplified by SAP C/4HANA's Opportunity Management Process.
- Create your own Sales Cycle and assign different Sales Phases against the Sales Cycle. Each Sales Phase can then have further Probability (%) assigned to it. This provides a very process oriented approach to manage the overall sales process from Lead to Opportunity Management to your organization.
- To bring in further details on the Processes: Every Sales Phase can be assigned one or several Activities/Tasks, which ensures that the reps adhere to every single critical step in the Sales Process laid down by your organization. This is the guided selling process possible via the Sales Advisor function in an Opportunity.
- Critical key figures such as Dollar Amounts (Expected revenue), Timelines (Start & End Date), Probability (%), constitute critical KPI analytics available about an Opportunity.
- Adding Products to get the revenue information is a key capability on the Opportunity, which drives the revenue analysis of an Opportunity.
- Maintain information on an Opportunity to ensure that the details of every involved person - be it external or internal - are correctly captured in the Opportunity. The Opportunity can be analyzed based on these roles as well, which gives insights into individual performance management on Opportunities & the involvement of external people in the Opportunity.
- Maintain different Opportunity status like Won and Lost and also maintain the reason against the Opportunity status to analyze the root cause or drivers for a Loss or Win. This analysis helps in better planning and alignment of the focus area for future Opportunity management.
- Several standard reports/dashboards available in SAP C/4HANA offer logical and useful data, ex: Opportunity Analysis, Opportunity-Activity analysis, Opportunity-Product analysis, Revenue Analysis, Performance analysis, and so on.
I hope beginners to SAP C/4HANA find this information handy.
All the best!