Cloud solutions are synonymous with cloud computing, i.e. internet-based solutions. Cloud solutions can be accessed via the internet — anywhere, anytime — on any device. This feature fulfills the requirements of organizations looking to deploy solutions for their internal customer service, marketing, and sales teams in a quick and efficient manner. These businesses are increasingly taking to cloud solutions to engage effectively with customers and drive business growth.
Advantage of Cloud Solutions
- Rapid deployment: Cloud solutions allow quick deployment. Depending on business needs and complexity, solutions can go online in a matter of days to a few weeks.
- Cost savings: Fixed price offerings and minimum on-premise infrastructure enable significant cost savings for an organization. Capital expenditure and resulting operational expenses can be contained due to the nature of cloud solutions.
- Quicker Return on Investment (ROI): Quick deployment of applications means that benefits from cloud solutions accrue faster. This also means that the quantum of returns will be higher.
- Mobility: Such solutions allow complete mobility. One is not restricted to a physical location and can access the required information – irrespective of the location, time, and device – with a good internet connection.
- Scalability and flexibility: Cloud solutions also make it possible to adapt to different business sizes. These solutions provide the perfect answer when businesses require constant scaling up and down. They are flexible to changing business needs and lead to cost savings when infrastructure is scaled down during recession or scaled up due to growth in sales, when new customers are added.
- Business continuity: Safety of business data is paramount. In the event of a disaster, power failure, system crash, or any other eventuality, data and business are not affected. There is no downtime and loss of productivity as data stored in the cloud is systematically backed up regularly.
- Automatic software updates: Cloud ensures that the system is updated regularly. This ensures that software is always updated with the latest versions.
- Improved collaboration: Cloud allows access to the same information by different people located at various physical locations. This allows simplified sharing and collaboration during project execution.
Author: The Knack Team
Short posts and insights shared by a group of Knack System’s SAP subject matter experts in the customer engagement, marketing, sales, commerce, and service space.